Saturday, January 11, 2014

National Age Group Triathlon DIRTYBIKES STYLE

It was my goal to complete my first triathlon by the age of 30. However, the first three quarters of 2013 was not so good to me and my family, diminishing my hopes to fulfill my dream. The Philippine triathlon season was nearing it's end when one day, around the last week of September, I saw a poster for an event to be held in Manila. Without any training, I signed up for it and started to build my base as fast as I could only to find out that the event would be rescheduled to February of next year. Luckily the the last leg of the National Age Group Triathlon was still open for registration, signed up and blasted away with my training while balancing a full time job & quality family time. Competing using a mountain bike made me think of my chances of a podium finish to be slim, since all other competitors used road/tri bikes. Having this thought, I just mashed the pedals away, hoping for a decent time for my run start. Hard training paid off. Finished with the time of 1hr 21mins ranking 2nd in my age group in the mini sprint category. 

Now I can't wait for my next TRi! Back to the pool and saddle in a week.

























No comments:

Post a Comment